Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Questions for list.

2006-08-30 04:31:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Questions for list.
From: smpt at peppas.gr (smpt)
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 11:31:48 +0300
Hi,
1) The installation is the same as in any UNIX system. Install VCS, install
NetBackup and run the cluster script. It is working fine. But I don't know
the cost

2) The only way for an individual to merge tapes from many NetBackup domains
is to import the tapes. But maybe Veritas services have another method.

3) LTO3 drives read and write LTO2 tapes. With proper installation you don't
have to do anything. Just suspend or freeze the LTO2 tapes.
It is your worst nightmare to import and duplicate 5000 tapes.
stefanos