Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] queued job never going away

2006-08-25 11:55:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] queued job never going away
From: jlightner at water.com (Jeff Lightner)
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 11:55:37 -0400
In the activity monitor on a few occasions we've seen jobs staying
"queued" forever.  Is there a way to get rid of such queued jobs?

Canceling them or deleting them doesn't seem to help.

It appears they occur when a client initiated action occurs and goes
away on the client.  It somehow leaves it behind on the master.  This
has been seen with RMAN backups and MS-SQL restores.

The queued job doesn't prevent later client initiated operations from
running so its display is more of a nuisance than a real problem.
Restarting NBU does make it go away but due to the number of jobs we
have this is something we usually only do on a Friday when there are
issues occurring.  Has someone else has seen this and figured out a way
to get rid of the queued jobs short of restarting NBU?

Jeffrey C. Lightner
Unix Systems Administrator
DS Waters of America, LP
678-486-3516