Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] queued job never going away

2006-08-25 12:52:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] queued job never going away
From: Mark.Donaldson at cexp.com (Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com)
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 10:52:04 -0600
Here's a variant of my old drive monitor script.  Just run it on your
master server (only) via cron as often as you want to sample.  Perhaps
every 15 min.

It'll actively lookup your media servers, check them, and report drives
down on that media server.  It keeps a history file so it'll only report
a drive once unless it's cleared then reoccurs.  Change the MAILADDR
variable for your environment.

$>cat drivemon
#!/bin/ksh

PATH=$PATH:/usr/openv/volmgr/bin:/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd

MAILADDR=Netbackup.Support

# run-to-run history
HIST=/tmp/`basename $0`.hist
[ ! -f $HIST ] && touch $HIST

# temp file to gather vmoprcmd output
TMP=/tmp/`basename $0`.tmp
[ -f $TMP ]    && rm -f $TMP

#Log management
LOG=/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/`basename $0`.log
[ -f ${LOG}.5 ] && mv ${LOG}.5 ${LOG}.6
[ -f ${LOG}.4 ] && mv ${LOG}.4 ${LOG}.5
[ -f ${LOG}.3 ] && mv ${LOG}.3 ${LOG}.4
[ -f ${LOG}.2 ] && mv ${LOG}.2 ${LOG}.3
[ -f ${LOG}.1 ] && mv ${LOG}.1 ${LOG}.2
[ -f ${LOG}.0 ] && mv ${LOG}.0 ${LOG}.1
[ -f $LOG     ] && mv $LOG     ${LOG}.0
exec >$LOG 2>&1
echo "## Started: `date`"

for m in `bpstulist|awk '$5>=0 && $7>0 {print $3}'|sort|uniq`
do
  echo "## Gathering $m."
  vmoprcmd -h $m -xd ds|awk '$4~/DOWN/ {print "'$m' "$2}'|tee -a $TMP
done

while read mserver drive
do
  if [ `grep -c "^${mserver} ${drive}$" $HIST` -eq 0 ]
  then
    echo "## Drive $drive down on $mserver: Newly discovered."
    echo "Drive $drive on $mserver is down: `date`." | \
      mailx -s "NB Wrn: $mserver:$drive down" $MAILADDR
  else
    #Just debug info for logfile
    echo "## Drive $drive down on $mserver: Already Reported."
  fi
done <$TMP

mv -f $TMP $HIST
echo "## Done: `date`"