Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] make_scsi_dev woes under Linux

2006-08-22 04:06:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] make_scsi_dev woes under Linux
From: tim.berger at gmail.com (Tim Berger)
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 01:06:52 -0700
On 8/15/06, Daniel Cox <DCox at nyse.com> wrote:

>   We've got a few media servers running NetBackup 5.1 MP5 under Linux
> (RedHat AS4) and we're having no end of problems with FC attached tape drive
> device mappings. I see when NB starts it runs make_scsi_dev, which creates
> the following devices:

If you have people installing new hba drivers or re-arranging hba's on your
systems without your knowledge, then you clearly have procedural issues to
deal with.  Not a technical problem.

In any event, how about just moving make_scsi_dev aside and replace it with
with your own script that does what you want?  All it does is make symlinks
because netbackup is too stupid to use normal linux device names.  It wants
to use crazy solaris style names for some unknown reason.

[snip]

--
-Tim