Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] new client is getting connection refused on 5.1

2006-07-21 22:14:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] new client is getting connection refused on 5.1
From: dave-bu at graniteweb.com (David Rock)
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 21:14:44 -0500
* Steven L. Sesar <ssesar at mitre.org> [2006-07-21 17:05]:
> If you want to connect to the client from the master server GUI, you'll
> need port 13722 opened up. If you're trying to backup up through a
> firewall, I suggest that you use vnetd, which requires that you open up
> port 13724.

for basic firewall connectivity, you need:

Master -> Client  13782 (bpcd)
Client -> Master  13720 (bprd)
Client -> Master  13724 (vnetd)

And in order to use vnetd, you need to configure the client properties
to use it:

Host Properties -> Master Server -> Client Attributes -> select vnetd

bprd is not specifically necessary for master-initiated backups, but if
you want to do User-initiated backups or restores, you will need it.

--
David Rock
david at graniteweb.com