Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] new client is getting connection refused on 5.1

2006-07-21 15:47:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] new client is getting connection refused on 5.1
From: dlowenst at mail.sdsu.edu (Dave Lowenstein)
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 12:47:50 -0700
I recently upgraded our master server to netbackup 5.1mp5 on solaris.
We moved a client to new hardware and instead of moving over the
netbackup stuff we installed 5.1 client.

Backups fail, and i can't look at client properties in jnbSA because
it times out. The firewall is open and both boxes can talk to each
other on port 13782.

This client gets a quick "connection refused" from the master server
when trying to telnet to the master on port 13782 but the firewall is
open and there aren't tcp wrappers involved.

Is this VxSS related maybe?