Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup Windows 2003 server in another domain

2006-07-06 04:26:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup Windows 2003 server in another domain
From: pcd at xinupro.com (Peter DrakeUnderkoffler)
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 04:26:18 -0400

One trick I use to connectivity between any client and the master or media
server is to perform the following from the server (either windows or
unix works):

bpgetconfig -s <CLIENT>

or

bpgetconfig.exe -s <CLIENT>

where <CLIENT> is either a hostname (with the correct resolution) or IP address.
If it can perform this, then the necessary NetBackup components are in place
to perform a backup  or restore to/from that client.  The output from that
command
should look something like:

root# bpgetconfig -s 10.210.2.183
Client of prod-backup-bu.mqube.net