Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Install Tests

2006-06-29 19:19:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Install Tests
From: kspam at comcast.net (Kevin Enslow)
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:19:48 -0700
Hello,

I've just finished a fresh install of Netbackup 6.0FP2 on a solaris 8
system. Part of the requirements is to have NetBackup send an email to
an admin list on failures only. So instead of using USEMAIL in bp.conf,
which sends emails under any condition, I edited backup_exit_notify and
added these lines:

--
# $5 = Status

< if [[ $5 > "0" ]] ; then
<       cat $OUTF | mail -s "NetBackup backup exit" someonewhocares at work.com
< fi
--

Is there a way to force a problem during a backup? I know I could just
change the check to mail on condition 0 but I would just like to make