Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Strange errors in netapp messages log after upgrade of nbu from 5.1 to 60MP2 -- diag gear

2006-05-13 13:13:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Strange errors in netapp messages log after upgrade of nbu from 5.1 to 60MP2 -- diag gear
From: Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com (Len Boyle)
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 13:13:05 -0400
Good Day,

We upgraded a netbackup master running on solaris 9 from 5.1mp3 to 60MP2. This
master runs ndmp backups on 6 R200's with fibre direct attached IBM LTO-2 tape
drives. After the netbackup upgrade, with no changes with the tape drives, tape
library or netapps we started to see the following messages in the
/etc/messages file on the netapp. We are being told by netapp and symantec that
this is a problem with scsi commands, but they report that they can not tell us
what the offending scsi commands are, unless we hook up a sniffer.
So my question to this group, is Any hints on what one should  use to act as a
sniffer for this scsi connection?

That is what company makes good sniffers, and what are the different features
one should look for?

Thanks for any info you guys can throw this way.

Fri May 12 07:54:31 EDT [scsi.cmd.contingentAllegiance:error]: Device 3a.51:
Contingent allegiance: cdb 0x8d.
Fri May 12 08:00:01 EDT [kern.uptime.filer:info]:   8:00am up 57 days, 18:59
427592 NFS ops, 3947850238 CIFS ops, 9 HTTP ops, 0 DAFS ops, 0 FCP
 ops, 0 iSCSI ops
Fri May 12 08:03:16 EDT [scsi.cmd.contingentAllegiance:error]: Device 3b.52:
Contingent allegiance: cdb 0x8d.