Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Planned Network Outage - What should I do about backups?

2006-05-13 12:54:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Planned Network Outage - What should I do about backups?
From: jpiszcz.backup AT gmail DOT com (Justin Piszcz)
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 12:54:45 -0400
One comment - running all fulls on the weekend is an extremely bad
practice, if something happens on Friday, then you lose a week's worth
of data, depending on your incremental schedule.  A better practice is
to run Fulls each day of the week and split it up in your environment.
 When the connection is cut the jobs should fail, but I have not done
too much with DSSU/disk backups myself to comment on that part.