Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Separate NIC

2006-04-06 11:17:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Separate NIC
From: jlightner AT water DOT com (Jeff Lightner)
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 11:17:35 -0400
For the separate backup network we simply add entries to the hosts file
on the backup master.  The entries added there typically just have "b"
appended to the real host name.  The appended to hostname is then used
as the "client" instead of the real hostname.

Example:  Real hostname, exchange1, becomes backup hostname exchange1b.
The exchange1b is the client name used in the policy.

In point of fact if you have files searched before name servers you can
even use the real host name in the local host files.