Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas NetBackup Oracle Module vs Oracle RMAN

2006-02-16 16:59:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas NetBackup Oracle Module vs Oracle RMAN
From: eyam AT hotmail DOT com (Eliza Yam)
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 21:59:18 +0000
<P>Our Oracle DBA&nbsp;does two exports - one at 11 am and one at 11 pm
daily.&nbsp; In addition, he has&nbsp;scheduled an online backup via RMAN at 1
am daily.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; We keep the exports and backups on disk for two
days.&nbsp; We&nbsp;also have nightly tape backup&nbsp;for the exports and RMAN
backups.&nbsp;&nbsp;</P>
<P>System admin&nbsp;wants to use Netbackup Oracle module.&nbsp;&nbsp;</P>
<P>I am gathering information on&nbsp;Netbackup Oracle module vs RMAN.&nbsp;
Why Netbackup Oracle module is better than RMAN backup or vice versa?&nbsp; The
pros and cons of using Netbackup Oracle module vs RMAN backup?</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Thank you for your assistance</P>
<P>Eliza Yam</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;</P>