Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] **** Newbie Needs Assistance ****

2005-09-14 12:00:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] **** Newbie Needs Assistance ****
From: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net (Dave Markham)
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 17:00:23 +0100
Ray.Hill AT ny.frb DOT org wrote:

> I have a master/media server; Solaris 2.8 64 bit running  NBU 5.1 MP2.
> I keep loosing backups due to running past start window.
> I don't have 24/7 Operations.
> Does anyone out there have any solutions/suggestions/scripts /Free Gas
> tickets :-) that I can use.
> Other than setting Media Mount Time and Global attributes; ie:
> Schedule attempts.
>
> Thanks in advance for your assistance.
>
> Ray H.

Do you mean your jobs kick off but you have so many that they run over
the backup window?

Have you set you backup window start and duration times in the schedules
option of your policy?

You could start to look at multiplexing to stream multiple backups to
the same media and drive. In order to do this you will need to increase
the maximum backup jobs per drive setting in the storage unit.

Some areas to look into.

Download the admin guides from veritas support site.

support.veritas.com as they certainly help.

Cheers