Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Snap Backup behind Firewall

2005-07-22 08:03:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Snap Backup behind Firewall
From: pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 08:03:51 -0400
Status 25 is usually name resolution.
Sounds to me like the DNS/NIS/WINS server is on one side of the
firewall, and the machines on the other side can't resolve names
properly.....OR....you have a name server on both sides of the firewall,
and each name servers doesn't know about nodes on the other side.

Go you your master and try to resolve the name of the media server and
the client.
Go to your media server and try to resolve the name of the master and
client.
Go to your client and try to resolve the name of the media server and
master.

And make sure you can resolve properly in both directions.

i.e.

bash-2.03# nslookup client
Server:  dns1.yourdomain.com
Address:  10.1.1.10