Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Changing Tapes to Different Volume Pools

2005-07-13 12:47:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Changing Tapes to Different Volume Pools
From: lee.logan AT lmco DOT com (Logan, Lee (N-BAE Systems))
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:47:56 -0600

--Boundary_(ID_i7H0gMzPi3t3OunTLmuA5Q)

I am having difficulty trying to change a tape from one volume pool to
another.  (Veritas Netbckup 4.5)  If my assumption is right I may answer
my own question but, wanted to put it out to the group.  If I have
mounted and used the tape it will not let me change the volume pool. If
I have not used the tape for a backup it lets me move it to another pool
just fine. Can I change a tape from one volume pool to another after I
have used it for a backup?

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Lee Logan
BAE SYSTEMS Information Technology
719-277-4772

--Boundary_(ID_i7H0gMzPi3t3OunTLmuA5Q)

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 6.0.6603.0">
<TITLE>Changing Tapes to Different Volume Pools</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">I am having difficulty trying to change a tape
from one volume pool to another.&nbsp; (Veritas Netbckup 4.5)&nbsp; If my
assumption is right I may answer my own question but, wanted to put it out to
the group.&nbsp; If I have mounted and used the tape it will not let me change
the volume pool. If I have not used the tape for a backup it lets me move it to
another pool just fine. Can I change a tape from one volume pool to another
after I have used it for a backup?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">Any help would be great.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">Thanks in advance.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=6 FACE="Script">Lee Logan</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">BAE SYSTEMS Information Technology</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">719-277-4772</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_i7H0gMzPi3t3OunTLmuA5Q)--