Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas 4.5 MP6 Datacenter - Changing expiration dates / recalculating

2005-07-09 09:59:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas 4.5 MP6 Datacenter - Changing expiration dates / recalculating
From: M.W.Ellwood AT rl.ac DOT uk (Ellwood, MW (Mike))
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 14:59:00 +0100
The numerical part of the backup-id is a 10-digit timestamp in the "seconds
past the epoch" format.

If you know the approximate date and time of the backup, you can get the
backupid-id with

bpimagelist -d mm/dd/yyyy  -e mm/dd/yyyy -idonly -U

(where -d and -e are specifying a date-range to look in).

There are various programs around for converting timestamps, but thanks to
someone on this list, I know there is a handy little option to bpdbm, -ctime,
i.e.

# bpimagelist -class myclass -hoursago 24 -idonly
Time: Fri Jul 08 20:02:10 2005   ID: myhost1_1120849330   FULL (0)
# bpdbm -ctime 1120849330
1120849330 = Fri Jul  8 20:02:10 2005

(If you want to confirm the date and time of the image that you found).

Mike