Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas NBU 5.1 Encryption

2005-07-08 08:46:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas NBU 5.1 Encryption
From: len.boyle AT sas DOT com (len boyle)
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 08:46:37 -0400
Scott

We are using it for one of our backup systems.
But as it was a given that we were going to use it, there are no performance
tests pre-and post encryption.

One issue we are looking at is the length of the key, length of the
passphase, and how often we should change them. Since the data is to be
stored for a long period of time, we are thinking that we have to use a long
key with a long passphase. Anyone else have thoughts on this.

Thanks len