Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] last image expiration date on a tape

2005-06-19 17:36:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] last image expiration date on a tape
From: M.W.Ellwood AT rl.ac DOT uk (Ellwood, MW (Mike))
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 22:36:46 +0100
Iain,

I am slightly unclear what the problem is here, but as someone has mentioned,
you can
manually expire individual images by backupid, using
bpexpdate -d 0 -backupid <your-backup-id>

Normally, Netbackup expires the whole tape when all the backups images on the
tape have naturally
expired (at least, I've seen it doing it in the bperror log).

However sometimes, in exceptional circumstances when I've had to manually
expire all the images on a tape,
I have found that I also have to expire the tape, before I can use it, i.e.

bpexpdate -d 0 -ev <my-tape-id>

I don't know quite if that addresses the area you are having problems with.

The only other think I can suggest is that you increase the size of your pool(s)
(i.e. add more tapes).

Mike