Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Veritas-bu digest, Vol 1 #3828 - 9 msgs

2005-02-17 20:54:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Veritas-bu digest, Vol 1 #3828 - 9 msgs
From: Mark.Hickey AT hds DOT com (Mark Hickey)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:54:05 -0800

What I have done in the past is to use a weekly schedule with a set backup
window, and a calendar based backup with the same window.  The weekly gets
an exclude date for the window when you want the monthly to run, and a
calendar backup is set to run on those days.  So you get 3 weeklies and a
monthly.

I wrote a script that uses the command line to set the exclude and include
dates.  You could also use a "first Saturday" type schedule for the monthly,
and set the excludes on the weeklies around that.

Inline copies would work as well, but I wouldn't go that route for resource
reasons if I could avoid it.

Mark

P.S.: do you really have 70 policies and 7 *master* servers?  This sounds
like a lot of unneccessary licensing revenue to Veritas. Why do you need 7
master servers?