Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Gigabit performance

2005-02-14 16:33:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Gigabit performance
From: marcel.drunenvan AT nl.unisys DOT com (Drunen van, Marcel)
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:33:50 +0100
Adriaan,

Though it sounds a bit far-fetched, here is what I experienced once: I
had a gigabit NIC and a Gigabit Emulex card for my SAN in the same
machine. For some reason, the NIC showed the linkspeed as Gigabit, but
the performance was exactly 10 MB/sec, same as you experience. We solved
this by swapping the cards around in the machine! For some reason, when
two high-performance devices are on the same PCI-bus, the NIC throttles
itself down......

Regards,

Marcel