Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] backing up windows clusters

2005-01-19 17:29:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] backing up windows clusters
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:29:38 -0600
On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 04:16:00PM -0600, Charles Ballowe wrote:
> Suppose you have a Windows 2003 cluster that's primary purpose is
> filesharing. It has 3 nodes and 2 filesystems in an
> active-active-passive type of setup. (i.e. each of the filesystems is
> being shared by one node, and each node is only sharing one
> filesystem). The filesystems are large (900GB) and one of our concerns
> is that, in the event of failover, a filesystem gets a full backup on
> multiple consecutive nights.

Define a virtual server that follows the disk from host to host.  Then
back up that virtual server.  NetBackup never knows about that
particular file system on the physical node.  That means that you can no
longer do "all_local_drives" backups on that cluster.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org