Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can I change client types globally on a Master Server?

2004-12-03 16:49:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can I change client types globally on a Master Server?
From: Bobby.Williams AT gtsi DOT com (Bobby Williams)
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 16:49:52 -0500
Master servers are all Solaris 2.8 running NB4.5MP6.

I have several Master Servers (geographically separated) that have
multiple policies on it.  Some of the Clients have had OS upgrades
(Solaris upgrades and NT to W2K upgrades).

When I try to push out new software to update the clients, I am getting
errors because they are defined by system/OS type in the multiple
policies.

If I go to each Master server and try to update the client information,
I have to wait for gui screen refreshes and it gets to be a real pain.

Is there a file on the Master that I can edit to update the clients all
at once?

I know that I can use bpadm, but that is getting to be a typing exercise
also.

Thanks.

Bobby Williams
Senior Systems Engineer