Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How Many Media Servers?

2004-10-08 07:09:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How Many Media Servers?
From: bluejay AT fujigreenwood DOT com (Adametz, Bluejay)
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 07:09:44 -0400
> A single master server can handle 8 media servers from my experience.
> In your case, they are SAN-media servers.

hmmm... I've got a Tru64 master server and 17 SAN media servers. Doesn't
seem to be a problem. I've also got around 30 clients that back up to the
master server over the network. All the catalogs are on the master server.

                                                - Bluejay Adametz

"One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that
one's
work is terribly important." - Bertrand Russell