Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] I hate linux: Oracle 64-bit on RH-ES-3.0 vs the libobk.so media m anagement library

2004-09-23 13:58:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] I hate linux: Oracle 64-bit on RH-ES-3.0 vs the libobk.so media m anagement library
From: Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com (Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com)
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 11:58:32 -0600
Ya - I know they're different architectures.  Where the software doesn't
touch the hardware, though, they're frequently interchangable as long as the
kernel versions match.  The media-management stuff, for example, all
compiled 32-bit on ia-64 hardware is, strangely, working just fine since
it's running through the OS layer (compiled for the opteron) to the hardware
- just not the dbext (which is futher removed from the hardware).

-M