Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How do you handle status code 1?

2004-06-09 12:07:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How do you handle status code 1?
From: jrmajor AT TexasChildrensHospital DOT org (Major, Rusty)
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 11:07:23 -0500
Kris,

We have a list of files/folders that we set in the exclude list. Here's a few
of them:
Recycler
i386
found.0*
$NTUninstall*
pagefile.sys
TMP
TEMP
C:\winnt\system32\perflib_perfdata_*

There's more that we exclude on all servers.

When a job fails with a status code 1, we determine what file(s) it missed. We
then either exclude it, or ask the admin of the system (in the case of SQL, or
dedicated Application server) if it's safe to skip it. If it's not, then we
just have to deal with a 1. FYI, we are on 4.5 FP5 and have VSP disabled due to
it's problems at this level.

Rusty