Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Plans for LTO-1 to LTO-2 conversion

2004-05-30 16:09:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Plans for LTO-1 to LTO-2 conversion
From: smpt AT freemail DOT gr (smpt AT freemail DOT gr)
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 23:09:35 +0300
LTO2 use different media from LTO1 and LTO1 media can be written by LTO2 with
LTO1 format.
Put the tapes to the same density and the LTO2 drives will understand the tapes.
you don't have to freeze anything.The only disadvantage is that LTO1 tapes are
15-30MB/sec and LTO2 are 30-60MB/sec and the new drive will not change it.

You will have problems only if you have mix LTO1 and LTO2 tape drives within
the library.

stefanos