Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] problem with NDMP backup

2004-05-23 20:32:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] problem with NDMP backup
From: Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com (Len Boyle)
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 20:32:29 -0400
Hello

The Error code 99 means that the netapp had an internal error of which the path
is wrong is only one of the problems.
There are many things that can be wrong. It would be nice if netapp would break
that set of problems that create a 99 error into a new set of error each
unique, then netbackup could handle each in their own way.

One way to get the error is with some kinds of i/o errors. We have seen this
problems with problem tapes. Taking the problem tape out of service stopped the
error. Of course as netbackup did not know that it was a tape error, it keep
trying to retry the backup with the same tape.

len