Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup Policy - Not all clients start backups

2004-05-17 13:13:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup Policy - Not all clients start backups
From: David_Attreed AT Countrywide DOT Com (David_Attreed AT Countrywide DOT Com)
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 10:13:18 -0700
--=_alternative 005E9B9288256E97_=

Good morning,

A curious event encountered over the weekend. A backup policy with 83
clients in was scheduled to run at 8pm but only around half of the clients
within that policy started a backup process. The others ran fine. No
failure messages or status codes or any trace that these missing clients
even attempted a backup (no Job IDs).

My first theory is that there's too many clients in that policy. Win2K
environment on 4.5FP6.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Regards,
David Attreed.
--=_alternative 005E9B9288256E97_=

weekend. A backup policy with 83 clients in was scheduled to run at 8pm
but only around half of the clients within that policy started a backup
process. The others ran fine. No failure messages or status codes or any
trace that these missing clients even attempted a backup (no Job IDs).</font>
many clients in that policy. Win2K environment on 4.5FP6.</font>
Regards,<br>
David Attreed.</font>
--=_alternative 005E9B9288256E97_=--