Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Checking TapeLibrary is OK

2004-05-17 12:56:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Checking TapeLibrary is OK
From: Paul.Porcelli AT aggreko.co DOT uk (Paul Porcelli)
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 17:56:36 +0100
Hi folks,
is there any way to check that our Tape Library
is OK from within a script.

I was thinking of using the command below but I'm not sure
what I should check for.
Will the return code be non zero if there is a problem ?

Manyn thanks.

# /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmupdate -rt tld -rn 0 -rh bserv01 -vh bserv01
Generating list of recommended changes ...

Proposed Change(s) to Update the Volume Configuration
Volume configuration is up-to-date with robot contents.

# echo $?
0

Visit us at http://www.aggreko.com

Confidentiality Notice:  This communication and any accompanying attachments
contain confidential information intended for a specific individual and
purpose.  This communication is private and protected by law.  If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby respectfully notified that any
disclosures, copying, forwarding or distribution, or the taking of any action
based on the contents of this communication is strictly prohibited.