Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Volume Pool

2004-04-19 11:23:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Volume Pool
From: scoco AT arl.army DOT mil (Coco, Samuel (Cont, ARL/CISD))
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 11:23:11 -0400
Your pools and their combination are a matter of your preference and
usage.  We have found that the pools should be tied to the type os
client and data being stored.  Also, if your organization has any type
of security requirements, you will want to keep the 'secured' data in a
separate pool (perhaps) even separate by client.  That way, if there is
a security issue - you won't lose the data from other clients if the
tapes get pulled.

Thank you,

Samuel J. Coco, STG
Functional Area Manager, ARL