Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Uggg... bpdbjobs -all_columns

2004-04-15 01:17:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Uggg... bpdbjobs -all_columns
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> (David Rock)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 00:17:02 -0500
--cmJC7u66zC7hs+87

* Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA <Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA>
[2004-04-13 15:02]:
> BPDBJOBS_COLDEFS is great for writting small report on netbackup 5.0
>=20
> The one thing it doesn't give me is the pathname of the stream, which=20
> would be usefully for me to track filesystem growth on a daily basis.
>=20
> bpdbjobs -all_columns is usefull since it give me the information i=20
> require. However it isn't in a very usable format  I'm after feild 33.
>=20
> I took a look at the netbackup faq on=20
> http://www.backupcentral.com/cgi-bin/netbackup-fom?_highlightWords=3Dperl=
&file=3D194
>=20
> if i try
>=20
>  bpdbjobs -report -all_columns |awk -F',' '{print $33}'
>=20
> awk complains that the file is too long.

use gawk instead of awk.

If you are interested in using Python instead, I have posted my own tool
at the end of this page:

http://www.backupcentral.com/cgi-bin/netbackup-fom?_recurse=3D1&file=3D162

--=20
David Rock