Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netapp NDMP slow & 99 errors

2004-04-14 16:42:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netapp NDMP slow & 99 errors
From: jkennedy AT qualcomm DOT com (Kennedy, Jeffrey)
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 13:42:09 -0700
I don't think that's true.  A snapshot can be initiated at any time,
regardless of backups.

A snapshot showing "busy" merely means there is some process using it,
in your case a dump but could be snapmirror or ndmpcopy as well.  The
.snapshot volume decreasing in size is usually indicative of previously
deleted data being rolled off of a snapshot.

~JK

Aetna