Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Is there an official document of client and serv er NIC and switch settings

2004-03-17 14:31:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Is there an official document of client and serv er NIC and switch settings
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 12:31:48 -0700
The network settings are outside Netbackup control.

You should always set to your highest possible speeds.  For many
server/switch combinations, auto-negotiation fails to negotiate the highest
settings and they must often be forced to the best setting using ndd or
similar utilities.

Half-duplex performance stinks - are you sure that's what only what HP can
do?

Your network person should be able to query a smart-enough switch for the
switch port settings, the SA should be able to query the ethernet port for
the same settings.

-M