Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Master Server - Dell 2650

2003-12-07 19:09:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Master Server - Dell 2650
From: sjacobso AT novell DOT com (Scott Jacobson)
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 17:09:40 -0700

--=__Part114FF054.0__=

Tammy,

We evaluated that same model for possible use as a media server (W2K)
and found similar issues (system hangs, etc) that required a reboot in
order to clear.  At the time we determined these issues were in part due
to their remote hardware management services, once disabled - things
only got worse.

Needless to say that model is no longer a part of our hardware
consideration.

Scott J.

>>> "Len Boyle" <Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com> 12/6/2003 4:11:20 PM >>>

Hello Tammy

I had not heard of this exact problem. We used to see Random reboots
with the Dell 2550 running w2k and Exchange 2000 during online backups.
The problem was fixed with motherboard upgrades.  I would have thought
that the 2650 would have included the hardware fix.

Interesting.

What kind of response are you getting from the dell tech support
folks?

len