Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Cannot assign requested address ?

2003-11-20 08:28:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Cannot assign requested address ?
From: gdrew AT deathstar DOT org (George Drew)
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 08:28:18 -0500 (EST)
Your configuration is broken. The 126 in parenthesis is system errno 126,
EADDRNOTAVAIL. It is returned when an attempt is made
to bind a raw socket to a name. This error is telling you that the name you're
requesting is not available on this system.

Double-check how you've configured your hardware for netbackup's use. You might
want to investigate the REQUIRED_INTERFACE
vm.conf entry. For troubelshooting, remove any SERVER entries from vm.conf, if
any exist.

George