Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Cannot assign requested address ?

2003-11-20 09:37:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Cannot assign requested address ?
From: gdrew AT deathstar DOT org (George Drew)
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:37:08 -0500 (EST)
After some more research, I think I'm wrong on this. It's still a network
problem, not a SAN issue, but I think you're running
out of ports. Check your time_wait_interval (ndd -get /dev/tcp
tcp_time_wait_interval). If it's 240000, you might want to
decrease it. Also, check netstat output for TIME_WAIT (netstat -a | grep
TIME_WAIT). A lot of those, and you should definitely
decrease the time_wait_interval.

George