Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] changing tape's volume group

2003-06-13 11:54:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] changing tape's volume group
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:54:28 -0600
I do it by injecting & ejecting tapes by script.  The injection command has
options for volume groups for tapes coming in & out.

         -use_barcode_rules \
         -involgrp <library_vg> -outvolgrp <shelfvg>

The "-use_barcode_rules" takes care of making sure that cleaning tapes, etc
are recognized, the "-involgrp" and "-outvolgrp" options are for the volume
groups for the in-library and out-of-library tapes.  Change "-empty_map" to
"-empty_ie" for v3.4.

Via the GUI - it's part of the tape ejection screen to specify the volume
groups.

-M