Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU/RMAN Cold Backup question

2003-06-13 10:42:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU/RMAN Cold Backup question
From: RMarkham AT hafeleamericas DOT com (Markham, Richard)
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 10:42:25 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C331BA.016E9BD0

This thread struck a bit of curiousity in me.  I haven't actually
implemented
"cold" backups through RMAN and NB.  So the jobs themselves are sending
startup/shutdown commands to the db as it sees fit?  Or do I have this
wrong?
Are the multiple jobs running the same main scripts each time, which contain
the startup/shutdown commands?  Thanks for any heads up.