Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] backup to disk then to tape?

2003-01-07 13:00:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] backup to disk then to tape?
From: david AT datastaff DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 12:00:57 -0600
Hey DEW!

Cool...bpduplicate is what you want to use.

Whether you script it, use VAULT or use Gray House Solutions DUP SUITE,
bpduplicate will be your tool for the job.

Other stylistic things you will want to address are:

1.  Should I change the retention level of the disk images after the
duplication is done so it expires in say 3 days v. 1 month let's say.  This
will ensure your disk stu will not fill up too quickly.

2.  Should I perform two dupes (if you are running NBU 4.5) from disk to
tape, expire the disk image, make one of the tapes the primary  copy and
send the other offsite for DR purposes?

Whatever you decide, you are heading down the right path!  good luck to you.

David

David A. Chapa
Backup Storage Consultant
DataStaff, Inc.