Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] backup to disk then to tape?

2003-01-07 13:17:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] backup to disk then to tape?
From: Ryan.Anderson AT udlp DOT com (Ryan Anderson)
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 12:17:51 -0600
Mountain,

There was a thread related to this before. A common way people are
doing this is with rsync over the WAN, then backing up the data with
NBU.

RCA
--
Ryan C. Anderson
Unix Administrator

>>> Mt Dew <devconf AT yahoo DOT com> 01/07/03 11:22AM >>>
Hi

I have serveral hosts that need to be backup through a WAN link.
Since backup are too slow, I would like to backup first to go to local
disk
storage unit and write it to tape.

I don't want to create two seperate policy:
1. WAN link to media server disks.
2. media server disks to tape.

Restore is a big problem.

Any suggestion?