Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Moving silos from one host to another.

2002-12-12 16:51:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Moving silos from one host to another.
From: ddunham AT taos DOT com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:51:48 -0800 (PST)
> I had to relocate my dlt tape silo from one box to another. Everything is
> working fine, until I try to inventory newly moved silo. It still thinks
> that the tapes are in the silo attached to the old device host. I have tried
> bunch of different things, but can't release the tapes from the old
> configuration?

You need to logically move the tapes to standalone first, then do an
inventory in the new robot.

I'm not sure the fastest way to do this.  Check chapter 3 in the Media
Managers guide which shows to do this in the GUI.  Also vmadm will
support this.

I'm not sure if you can move it directly with vmchange or not.

Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company