Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Moving silos from one host to another.

2002-12-13 09:06:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Moving silos from one host to another.
From: Will.Enestvedt AT jwu DOT edu (William Enestvedt)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 09:06:10 -0500

> > I have tried a bunch of different things, but can't release
> > the tapes from the old configuration?
>
> You need to logically move the tapes to standalone first, then do an
> inventory in the new robot.

   What he said: this hung me up last week while setting up a new Media Server
-- for what felt like _hours_. Finally, on a whim, I just moved all the tapes
out of the library, and *click* I was all set.
   Also, I did this when the library was on the new Media Server, so it's not
like you have to tear everything down and set your old system back up or
anything.  :7)
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt