Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] backing up to disk

2002-11-15 13:37:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] backing up to disk
From: kmarx AT trigon DOT com (Marx, Keath)
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 13:37:01 -0500
I have been fighting the same issue myself.  I even made a utility that
takes the disks out of the storage unit group when they get within a certain
% toward full.  Later it puts them back in when they have enough space
again.

Unfortunately, netbackup does not seem to operate disk storage like tape.
It fills it up and either fails or hangs.  I had thought my utility would
make the retry go to another disk but it seems that once it is assigned to a
drive it stays there.  My utility does keep jobs from queuing to the full
disk but doesn't help with disks that fill.

I would really like to see Veritas step up on this issue and do something to
make it work more robustly.