Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] backing up to disk

2002-11-14 16:30:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] backing up to disk
From: whitaker AT gsu DOT edu (Christina Whitaker)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 16:30:44 -0500
I wanted to ask about using netbackup to back up to disk. I have gone
through the mailing list archives and really didn't see a definite
answer about this issue.

We are currently using Netbackup 3.4 on Solaris8 and have SAN disk
attached to our master/media server. We created a bunch of disk pool
filesystems (disk1, disk2, disk3, etc).  We want to keep our fulls on
tape and our incrementals on disk. We tried a test yesterday and
filled up the first filesystem disk1 and found out that NBU would not
move on to the next disk filesystem.

Is there a way to configure NBU so that if it fills up a filesystem,
it will start writing to the next filesystem that has been designated
for writing? Has anyone successfully implemented a backup-to-disk
system using Netbackup?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Chris