Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Printing Barcode labels for DLT IV

2002-09-26 16:19:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Printing Barcode labels for DLT IV
From: Jason.Alexander AT NCFE DOT com (Jason Alexander)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:19:59 -0400
For the poor or thrifty (or .edu):

there is a GNU barcode program.  I have used it for makign barcodes for our
HP 15tape/2drive changer and our HP 9/1 DLT8000 library when we had it.  I
had to cut out the labels by hand with scissors but they were pennies to
make.  I also printed out barcodes for SDLT tapes in our L180 StorageTek
library.  They work, but they need to be resized with the options to be a
little bigger.  They are a tad small and sometimes unreliable to read in the
L180.

the txt file is the input file, one text label entry per line, the
.ps file is the output.

###For HP 9/1
# NEW #
barcode -u cm -c -e code39 -i aaxxxx.txt -o AAxxxx.ps -g 4x1.5 -t 2x6+2+2 -m
1.2x0.9

###For HP 15tape changer
# NEW #
barcode -u cm -i axxxxx.txt -o Axxxxx.ps -g 4x1.5 -t 2x6+2+2 -m 1.2x0.9

# the storagetek libraries use trioptic code39 encoding for barcodes
# this can be achieved by using code39 starting with ]X0xxxxxx where x
# is the desired label (needs tweaked)

barcode -u cm -c -e code39 -i codes.txt -o codes.ps -g 4x1.5 -t 2x6+2+2 -m
2.0x1.0