Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Connecting to remote master from desktop through firewall

2002-09-26 17:01:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Connecting to remote master from desktop through firewall
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:01:29 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2659F.E2992D10

OK - probably asked and answered before but...

I'm going to be give admin responsibilities to a remote site's NB setup.
They're a SSO environment with multiple media servers and one master server
on NB DC v4.5.  We're separated by a firewall.

Questions:
1. What ports should be opened in the firewall (and which direction) so my
desktop GUI can successfully connect?

2. What alterations must be made in the Servers up there to recognize my PC
as a valid full management tool?

3. What do I install on my PC and where can I get it (I've never received
the v4.5 media from Veritas)?

TIA - Mark

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2659F.E2992D10

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Connecting to remote master from desktop through =
firewall</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>OK - probably asked and answered before but...</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I'm going to be give admin responsibilities to a =
remote site's NB setup.&nbsp; They're a SSO environment with multiple =
media servers and one master server on NB DC v4.5.&nbsp; We're =
separated by a firewall.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Questions:</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>1. What ports should be opened in the firewall (and =
which direction) so my desktop GUI can successfully connect?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>2. What alterations must be made in the Servers up =
there to recognize my PC as a valid full management tool?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>3. What do I install on my PC and where can I get it =
(I've never received the v4.5 media from Veritas)?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>TIA - Mark</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>