Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SUMMARY: DLTape IC brands & problems

2002-09-25 13:35:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SUMMARY: DLTape IC brands & problems
From: RDinwid AT templeinland DOT com (Dinwiddie, Ron (TIFPC))
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 12:35:00 -0500
Thanks to Steve White, Larry Kingery, and Dennis Dwyer for their quick
identify problem tapes:

Two things you might want to know...

In /usr/openv/netbackup/db/media/errors on the media servers, you'll
find a list of all (hard) errors.  This includes the media id (and the
device index).  Sometimes helps when looking for patterns.

To check who made the cartridge, look at the bottom , you should be
able to read a number similar to the following:

 433363
 SH827M6205 72

The manufacture date is the 827 in the second line, 1998 week 27, and
the M says that this is Maxell production.

I think the other one is F for Fuji (or Fujitsu?), but I don't have
proof handy.

Ron Dinwiddie
UNIX System Administrator
Temple Inland Forest Products Corp. (TIFPC) - Diboll
email: rdinwid AT templeinland DOT com
Office: 936-829-1592   Fax: 936-829-7829
Pager: 936-630-7086    Cell: 210-601-9077