Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Drive use metrics

2002-08-29 07:14:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Drive use metrics
From: mander47 AT sca.csc DOT com (mander47 AT sca.csc DOT com)
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 13:14:11 +0200
Hi Jerome

I use these logs as input to the drivekapconv script.

You can skip this part if you print the epoch directly into the log.

To plot the number of jobs you run bpdbjobs -summary with some grep logic.

The tape use and kb you can get from bpimagelist.

Regards
Michael

                    "jerome

                    bauwens"             To:     <veritas-bu AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>, <mander47 AT sca.csc DOT com>
                    <jerome.bauwe        cc:

                    ns                   Subject:     Re: [Veritas-bu] Drive
use metrics
                    @steria.com>

                    Sent by:

                    veritas-bu-ad

                    min

                    29-08-02

                    12:06

Hello Michael,

What is the first script for as you don't use the output file in the second
one (/tsm/logs/drivekap.$logdate) ?
I just want to get the .png graph once a day, so does it make you a new
plotting somewhere every 15 minutes or does it always update the same one ?
I have 4 drives on my master and 2 on a media, so do I also need to gather
the datas from my media server ?

Does anyone use ORCA to plot TAPE USE and Kb written (along with number of
jobs)?

Thanks.
Jerome