Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Win2K logical mounts

2002-05-30 09:48:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Win2K logical mounts
From: DWILEY AT petro-canada DOT ca (Wiley, Dave)
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 07:48:40 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C207E0.B46C9980

I soon will have Windows 2K servers to back up that use logical mount =
points
(i.e. volumes that have no associated drive letter and that are mounted =
at
some point in the directory structure on a physical drive). I want to =
backup
these servers using a backup stream for every mount point not just =
every
volume with a drive letter. When I use the directive ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES I
backup only the data on the volumes associated with a physical drive =
letter.
I think specifying cross mount points will backup the data on the mount
point but then I would only have one stream for all the data on the =
drive
letter. Is there some directive that I can specify that will =
automatically
create a backup stream for each volume whether or not a drive letter is
assigned? Or must I specify each mount separately?=20

I am using NetBackup 3.4.1 with a Unix master.

Thanks for any help.

David Wiley
Senior Sysadmin / Project Manager,  Veritas GeoServices Ltd.
(403) 296-3234  (voice)     (403) 296-3805 (fax)
dwiley AT petro-canada DOT ca         djwiley AT shaw DOT ca

                         ********************

This email communication is intended as a private communication for the =
sole
use of the primary addressee and those individuals listed for copies in =
the
original message. The information contained in this email is private =
and
confidential and if you are not an intended recipient you are hereby
notified that copying, forwarding or other dissemination or =
distribution of
this communication by any means is prohibited.  If you are not =
specifically
authorized to receive this email and if you believe that you received =
it in
error please notify the original sender immediately.  We honour similar
requests relating to the privacy of email communications.

Cette communication par courrier =E9lectronique est une communication =
priv=E9e =E0
l'usage exclusif du destinataire principal ainsi que des personnes dont =
les
noms figurent en copie.  Les renseignements contenus dans ce courriel =
sont
confidentiels et si vous n'=EAtes pas le destinataire pr=E9vu, vous =
=EAtes avis=E9,
par les pr=E9sentes que toute reproduction, tout transfert ou toute =
autre
forme de diffusion de cette communication par quelque moyen que ce soit =
est
interdit.  Si vous n'=EAtes pas sp=E9cifiquement autoris=E9 =E0 =
recevoir ce courriel
ou si vous croyez l'avoir re=E7u par erreur, veuillez en aviser =
l'exp=E9diteur
original imm=E9diatement.  Nous respectons les demandes similaires qui
touchent la confidentialit=E9 des communications par courrier =
=E9lectronique.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C207E0.B46C9980

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Win2K logical mounts</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I soon will have Windows 2K servers to =
back up that use logical mount points (i.e. volumes that have no =
associated drive letter and that are mounted at some point in the =
directory structure on a physical drive). I want to backup these =
servers using a backup stream for every mount point not just every =
volume with a drive letter. When I use the directive ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES I =
backup only the data on the volumes associated with a physical drive =
letter. I think specifying cross mount points will backup the data on =
the mount point but then I would only have one stream for all the data =
on the drive letter. Is there some directive that I can specify that =
will automatically create a backup stream for each volume whether or =
not a drive letter is assigned? Or must I specify each mount =
separately? </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I am using NetBackup 3.4.1 with a Unix =
master.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks for any help.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">David Wiley</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Senior Sysadmin / Project =
Manager,&nbsp; Veritas GeoServices Ltd.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">(403) 296-3234&nbsp; =
(voice)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (403) 296-3805 (fax)</FONT>
<BR><U><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">dwiley AT petro-canada DOT ca</FONT></U><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT><U=
> <FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">djwiley AT shaw DOT ca</FONT></U>
</P>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ********************</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">This email communication is intended =
as a private communication for the sole use of the primary addressee =
and those individuals listed for copies in the original message. The =
information contained in this email is private and confidential and if =
you are not an intended recipient you are hereby notified that copying, =
forwarding or other dissemination or distribution of this communication =
by any means is prohibited.&nbsp; If you are not specifically =
authorized to receive this email and if you believe that you received =
it in error please notify the original sender immediately.&nbsp; We =
honour similar requests relating to the privacy of email =
communications.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Cette communication par courrier =
=E9lectronique est une communication priv=E9e =E0 l'usage exclusif du =
destinataire principal ainsi que des personnes dont les noms figurent =
en copie.&nbsp; Les renseignements contenus dans ce courriel sont =
confidentiels et si vous n'=EAtes pas le destinataire pr=E9vu, vous =
=EAtes avis=E9, par les pr=E9sentes que toute reproduction, tout =
transfert ou toute autre forme de diffusion de cette communication par =
quelque moyen que ce soit est interdit.&nbsp; Si vous n'=EAtes pas =
sp=E9cifiquement autoris=E9 =E0 recevoir ce courriel ou si vous croyez =
l'avoir re=E7u par erreur, veuillez en aviser l'exp=E9diteur original =
imm=E9diatement.&nbsp; Nous respectons les demandes similaires qui =
touchent la confidentialit=E9 des communications par courrier =
=E9lectronique.</FONT></P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C207E0.B46C9980--