Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiplexing

2002-05-20 09:49:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiplexing
From: jonw AT n2h2 DOT com (Jon Walton)
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 06:49:03 -0700 (PDT)
Multiplexing can help you write more to a tape if your non-multiplexed
stream is not loading the tape drive to its maximum throughput.  On
average I get 80G on a DLT8000 (multiplexed) vs 60G
(non-multiplexed).   It is my understanding that anytime the tape drive
has to back-hitch, you will lose some actual tape capacity.

-Jon